General Tuition Information (2019-2020 School Year)
(Note: This information is for the 2019-20 school year only. Tuition rates, interest rates, and dates will be adjusted by April 30 for the 2020-21 school year.)
Pre-Paid Tuition Policy
Charleston Catholic High School requires that total tuition charges for the school year must be paid on or before June 15.
Late charges of $1.00 per day after June 15 will be added to the total tuition bill or subtracted from any credit on record in the school for the upcoming school year. For new students registering between June 15 and August 15, the total tuition is due within two weeks of acceptance into the school.
Education Loan Program
For our families’ convenience, CCHS offers the “Education Loan Program” through Premier Bank. These loans, while arranged through the school, are direct loans made by the bank to school families. The interest rate is 5.75% (5.5% if a customer/parent has the payment automatically drafted from a Premier Bank account) and the bank will grant loans for all or part of the tuition
. The loan is repaid directly to Premier Bank in ten monthly installments
, June 16th though March 15th.
Parents wishing to arrange loans must complete the white Tuition Invoice and Premier Bank Retail Loan Application and return them to the CCHS office by April 24
or, for students admitted after that date, within two weeks of acceptance.
The Bishop of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston offers tuition assistance to needy Catholic families having children enrolled in Catholic schools. Applications for this aid must be submitted online at www.factstuitionaid.com
by the deadline stated on the application.
Catholic families needing financial aid are encouraged to meet with their pastors to request tuition assistance from their parishes.
Tuition Refund Policy
Tuition is charged until the day a signed withdrawal form is completed by the parents and submitted to the school office.
For purposes of refunding tuition, the following schedule applies for students withdrawing during the first semester
1) Students withdrawing from the school prior to the first day of school will be charged a $200.00 administrative fee per child, unless the family is leaving the Charleston area, in which case an administrative fee of $200.00 per family will be charged.
2) Students withdrawing from the school on or before September 18 will be charged a daily rate (annual tuition divided by 180 days) plus a $200.00 administrative fee.
3) Students withdrawing after September 18 but before October 12 will be refunded 25% of the tuition paid for the first semester, 100% of the tuition paid for the second semester, less a $200.00 administrative fee.
4) Students withdrawing from the school after October 12 will not receive a tuition refund for the first semester, but will receive a full refund for tuition paid toward the second semester, less a $200.00 administrative fee.
The second semester tuition refund policy
is as follows:
1) Students withdrawing from the school on or before February 5 will be charged a daily rate for the second semester plus a $200.00 administrative fee.
2) Students withdrawing after February 5 but before March 5 will be refunded 25% of the tuition paid for the second semester less a $200.00 administrative fee. No tuition refunds will be granted after March 7.
Students who are asked to withdraw from the school will be refunded 100% of the balance of their tuition from the date of withdrawal, calculated on a daily rate (annual tuition divided by 180 days), less a $200.00 administrative fee.
Tuition Rates for the 2019-2020 School Year*
Note: Tuition rates generally increase each year.
1 child in grades 6-8|| $ 7,393|
2 children in grades 6-8|| $ 11,825|
| ||1 child in grades 9-12|| $ 8,600|
2 children in grades 9-12|| $ 13,804|
2 children, one in middle school and one in high school|| $ 13,804|
| ||3 children any level|| $ 18,061|
4 children any level|| $ 24,112|
5 children any level|| $ 28,813|
*Incoming students with siblings who withdrew from the school prior to graduation will be charged an additional $1000 for each year of middle school. These funds will be credited toward high school tuition at the rate of $1000 per school year for each additional $1000 paid.
Tuition charges do not include various school fees which are paid during registration days in August. These fees are paid directly to the school at that time.