Mrs. Arnold - Biology
- Amy Donaldson Arnold was born and raised in Richwood in Nicholas County.
- B.S. in Biology, minor in Chemistry, Bridgewater College.
- M.S. in Biology, Wake Forest University, where she studied plant hormone transport mechanisms.
- Completed a Master Teacher Fellowship Program at Wake Forest.
- Taught for a year in Davie County North Carolina before returning to Wake Forest to work as a Lab Coordinator in the Biology Department.
- Local Sam's Club Teacher of the Year, 2002.
- Contributor to the West VIrginia Encyclopedia published in 2006.
- In her spare time, raises bees, chickens, Christmas trees, and vegetables.
Mr. Baird - 6th Grade
Ms. Beck - English
Mr. Buscher - 6th Grade
Ms. Dever - Mathematics
Ms. Dorsey - English
Ms. Elliott - Mathematics
Mr. Ellis - Mathematics
Mrs. Erby - Science
- Raised in Teays Valley.
- Attended Winfield High School.
- B.A. in Secondary Science Education from West Virginia State University.
- Currently working on her Masters degree at West Virginia University.
Dr. Fannin - Physics
Mr. Fix - Social Studies
- Born and raised in Dunbar , WV .
- Graduate with honors of South Charleston High School .
- Member of Beta Epsilon Student Honorary.
- Served as Senior Class Vice-President.
- Member of SCHS Band.
- Kanawha All-County Band 1994, 1996, 1997.
- Active in Boy Scouting, earning the Eagle Scout Award.
- BA in Secondary Education, Marshall University , specializing in Social Studies.
- Graduated summa cum laude with University Honors.
- Member of Kappa Delta Pi Teacher Honorary.
- MA in Secondary Education, Marshall University Graduate College , specializing in Middle Childhood Education.
- Currently pursuing an MA in Geography at Concord University
- Currently serves as a reader for the AP Human Geography Exam
- Sponsors the CCHS High School Drama program.
- Sponsors the CCHS Pep Band.
- Directs the high school and middle school Choir.
- Unofficial school cake baker.
- Active member of First Baptist Church of Dunbar.
- Current church positions of service include Advisory Chairman, deacon, choir member, teacher, and member of various boards and committees.
- Interests include cooking, painting, camping, music, travel, and playing the piano and the clarinet.
Mr. Frohnapfel - Social Studies
- Born in Martins Ferry, Ohio.
- Attended St. John Central High School.
- Served in the USAF for six years.
- Attended Wheeling Jesuit University.
Mrs. Griffith - Mathematics and Physics
- Born and raised in Wheeling, WV
- Valedictorian Wheeling Park High School
- B.S. Mathematics at West Virginia University
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Honors Scholar, and an Outstanding Senior (top 30) from WVU
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa
- M.S. Mathematics at Virginia Polytechnic and State University
- Math tutor and GTA at Virginia Tech, taught Calculus 1205 and 1206 (Calculus I and II for Engineer and Science majors)
- Taught Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Trigonometry/Pre-calculus, and Calculus for two years at Mountain State Academy in Beckley, WV
- Enjoys camping, mountain biking, ultimate frisbee, skiing, reading,
sewing, playing with my dogs, hanging out with family/friends, and cheering
for the Mountaineers
Mr. Hale - Latin
Mrs. Hayes - 6th Grade
- Class Valedictorian, Coudersport Area High School, Coudersport, Pennsylvania.
- B.A. in English, Bucknell University. Graduated Cum Laude with Honors in English and certification to teach Secondary English.
- M.S. in Secondary School Counseling, Bucknell University.
- Worked for the Department of Residential Programs at The University of New Hampshire.
- Directed the Housing Department at The University of Charleston.
- Directed the Davis Child Shelter.
- Directed the Metro Valley Chapter of The Gabriel Project of West Virginia.
- Worked as the Saint Agnes School Librarian. Coordinated the purchase and implementation of the Accelerated Reader Program for the school.
- Currently live in South Charleston with husband, four young children, and two dogs.
- Active member of Blessed Sacrament Parish.
Mr. Hoffmann - French and Computer Science
- Born in Missoula, Montana.
- Raised in Lawrence, Kansas.
- Graduated Lawrence High School.
- Junior year abroad program in Bordeaux, France.
- B.A. French, University of Kansas.
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Oregon.
- Secondary Education Certificate, University of Oregon.
- Computers owned: Timex Sinclair, Commodore 64, Radio Shack TRS80, Atari 520, Apple Macintosh, Apple Mac Plus, Intel 386-based homebrew, Intel 486-based homebrew, and Intel 586-based homebrew.
- Likes skiing, film, and computer programming.
Dr. Huffman - English
Mrs. Hurt - Foreign Language
Mrs. Iafrate - Spanish
Mrs. Leven - Art
Mr. Mehle - Theology
- Grew up in New Jersy.
- Graduated from St. Joseph's High School, Metuchen, NJ.
- B.S. in Accounting, St. John's University, Queens, NY.
- M.A. in Religious Education, Fordham University, Bronx, NY.
- Maryknoll Lay Missioner in Japan.
- Worked in Catholic campus ministry at Western Carolina University.
- Head baseball coach at CCHS.
- Coordinator HOPE - the CCHS summer home repair project in Clay County.
- Helps sponsor Pax Christi at CCHS.
Mr. Nelson - Health and PE
Mrs. O'Leary- Theology
Ms. Phebus - Social Studies
Mrs. Pile - Mathematics
- Salutatorian at Pocahontas County High School.
- B.S. in Mathematics from West Virginia Wesleyan College with a second major in Secondary Education.
- Graduated magna cum laude.
- Taught at Davis-Stuart in Lewisburg, WV (mathematics 5-11).
- Taught at Sacred Heart Grade School (mathematics 5-6).
Ms. Shepler - Mathematics
- Graduated valedictorian from Charleston Catholic High School.
- B.A. in Psychology, Johns Hopkins University.
- Graduated with honors.
- Member of National Society of Collegiate Scholars and Psi Chi (Psychology Honor Society).
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- All-conference basketball player at Johns Hopkins University.
- Coached CCHS girls basketball team for 8 years.
- Assistant coach of cross country and track.
Mr. Shindle - Physical Education
- Born and raised in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- Graduated from Harrisburg Area Community College '03 (Associate's degree in Liberal Arts) .
- Graduated from WVU '06 (Bachelor's in Health and Phys Ed, cum laude) .
- Taught in a Catholic school in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania for the last 3 1/2 years.
- Enjoys sports, especially football.
- Chicago Bears and WV Mountaineers fan.
- Excited to be back in West Virginia.
Ms. Summers - English
Mrs. Urecki - English
- Grew up in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Graduated from Block Yeshiva High School.
- B.A. in English/History, Stern College for Women, with minors in Jewish History and Hebrew.
- Histroy Department award for excellence, Stern College for Women.
- M.S. in Jewish Education, Azrieli School of Jewish Education.
- Taught Hebrew School and Sunday School at Park Avenue
Synangogue, New York, N.Y.
- Principal of B'nai Jacob Sunday School, Charleston, W.V.
- Hebrew Program Director and teacher at B'nai Jacob, Charleston, W.V.
- Assisted with "The Penmen"- CCHS literary magazine.
- Likes reading, cooking/catering, and the beach.
Dr. Walker - Theology
Mr. Welch - Social Studies
- Born in Ashland, Kentucky.
- Graduated Paul Blazer High School.
- B.A. in History, University of Kentucky.
- M.A. in Education, University of Kentucky.
- Taught at Lexington Catholic High School.
- Coaches cross country.
- Coaches track and field.
- Coaches girls basketball.
Ms. Wilkerson - Theology